Everything starts with Engineering. Caldwell’s in-house Professional Engineers bring together decades of experience in the field, encompassing thorough knowledge of all design codes and standards. Our engineers offer a wide breadth of engineering expertise, including:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical/Controls engineering
We control the quality of each end product from the beginning design, turning to Caldwell’s registered Professional Engineers and registered Structural Engineers across the United States. Our in-house Professional Engineers tailor every project to meet specific customer requirements.
Reputable, Industry-Wide Expertise
Recognized by industry peers, Caldwell and Preload engineers sit on the following key technical committees:
- American Water Works Association (AWWA) – D100, D102, D107, D110, D116
- American Petroleum Institute (API) – API 620, API 650, API 653
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers – ASME U, U2, and R Certifications
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program (NEHRP)
- Steel Tank Institute / Steel Plate Fabricators Association (STI/SPFA)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR)
To Create a Superior Product, You Need a Highly Skilled Engineering Team
Even in 1932, we understood the responsibility of serving the Engineering industry, reflecting in a Caldwell Tanks catalogue that year:
“Anyone can buy machinery and materials to make tanks…but to turn out a superior product requires a thoroughly qualified and comprehensive engineering staff.”
Nearly a century later, this continues to be our driving force.
Caldwell’s ability to fabricate tanks and pressure vessels is unmatched in the industry. Whether providing complex steel shapes or exacting tolerances, Caldwell strives to match customer specifications.
We use dedicated carbon steel as well as stainless steel production lines, physically separating them to ensure the highest degree of quality.
A sampling of Caldwell facilities and equipment includes:
- Over 200,000 sq. ft. of production area
- Hydraulic presses for steel fabrication of complex double-curved plates
- Brake presses
- NC plasma tables with articulating bevel head
- Stainless steel plate seamer
- Multiple plate and angle rolls
- CNC lathe and threading machine
- Centrifugal blast machines – for both plate and pipe
- Manual blast booth for spot cleaning
- Multiple paint booths
- Assorted shears and saws
- Stainless steel “bath” for chemical cleaning
Equipped with the very latest in engineering and construction technology, our resources include everything from state-of-the-art fabrication to welding and painting equipment. Caldwell’s leading-edge facilities offer the most modern, efficient, and cost-effective facilities in the country. This enables us to manufacture a broad range of products.
Caldwell Tanks constructs projects on-site with results designed to exceed your expectations — and our team’s extraordinary skills, experience, and commitment make it all possible. We provide each crew with every essential piece of equipment, set to construct the leading tanks, pressure vessels, and appurtenant foundations that the marketplace demands.
A sampling of equipment used in on-site construction:
- Self-Contained Construction Units with power generators, welding power sources, and compressed air
- Mobile picker cranes
- Multiple styles of automatic welding machines
- Derrick equipment allowing for the lifting of large field sub-assemblies, specifically designed for on-site tank construction
Caldwell’s ongoing mission is to complete every project with the highest degree of quality, on time and on budget. Our project managers see to it that we carry out this mission successfully and safely. Every Caldwell team member works together to fulfill projects in compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations, all while delivering on customer expectations.
We are unique in our ability to truly serve as a turnkey contractor. While tanks, vessels, and their supporting foundations are our core business, Caldwell can also seamlessly take on additional scope to meet your needs. Customers rely on Caldwell for the following items (included regularly in our scope of work): site work and site piping, mechanical contracting, as well as electrical and controls. These help us ensure that we achieve a quality project, safely and cost-effectively; a result that will serve communities and customers for decades to come!
Caldwell’s broad capabilities include:
- Turnkey design and construction of tank and vessel foundation systems
- Reinforced concrete pedestal engineering and construction for elevated water storage tanks
- Vertical structures for special storage systems
EPC Single Point Responsibility
Here at Caldwell, we pride ourselves on offering meaningful solutions that serve our customers’ needs. From small to medium as well as tank-centric projects, we are very familiar with working directly for EPC contractors. We are also fully capable of providing full EPC services; so when an end-user wants a single point of responsibility wrap directly from Caldwell, our team is set to deliver.
Our extensive engineering, procurement, and directly employed Field-Erection crews are trained to leverage Caldwell’s Project Management expertise — allowing us to completely execute your project to meet the highest goals. We can apply any combination of our resources to match your scope and successfully complete the work you need.