Fluted Column Elevated Storage Tank (FLC)
DEFINITION: An elevated welded carbon-steel water storage tank supported by a single large diameter corrugated carbon-steel support column.
Standard Sizes: FLC
- Depending on column diameter and the owner’s needs, Caldwell can furnish the column with a 10' or 12' wide overhead door for easy access. This makes it possible for the base area of the column to have multi-purpose uses, such as ample storage for equipment, water treatment systems, pumps, freeze protection systems, valve assemblies, and office space. Additionally, this offers the easiest access to multiple floors with possible spiral stairs, hoisting cranes, and elevators.
- All-steel construction offers endless specialty paint designs and ‘neighbor-approved’ logos.
When It's Best
- Largest capacity tanks constructed in the industry to-date
- To gain additional storage capacity in the water system (especially for fire protection)
- To gain additional pressure in the water system (especially for power outages)
Highlights & Advantages
- The massive tank is geometrically well-proportioned with a conical and dished bottom, vertical shell, and dome-shaped roof. These stylistic features make it possible to paint large decorative logos on the tank and column, promoting communities or blending the tank in with its environment.
- The large diameter, all-steel single support column is fluted, combining greater structural rigidity with an architecturally pleasing appearance; all while complementing a geometrically well-proportioned structure.
- Caldwell’s Fluted Column Tank has interior ladders and piping, which protect features against weather and vandalism; and easily allows for pipe insulation.
- Reference the table 500,000 to 4,000,000
- Steel frost-proof pressure/vacuum relief vent designed for maximum protection
- (1) roof hatch with hinged cover and hasp
- (1) roof hatch bolted for attachment of exhaust fan
- (1) access tube roof hatch
- (1) manhole in base of access tube
- (1) manhole in bottom of tank
- (2) painter hatches at top of fluted column
- Purchaser specified inlet/outlet piping with expansion joint
- Pedestal-supported overflow pipe to grade level with concrete splash pad
- Fluted column and access tube ladders with OSHA compliant safety climb devices
- Rest platforms at each column stiffener with OSHA compliant handrail
- Upper column walkway with OSHA compliant handrail
- Painter's rings near top of column
- Interior lighting in column and in access tube
- Grounding for minimizing lightning damage
- Personnel door in base of supporting column
- Gravel floor inside column
- Tank drain for washouts
- Larger diameter manholes, hatches, and access tube
- Condensate ceiling (fabric or steel with a drain to the overflow pipe)
- Complete internal seal welding
- Overhead rolling door with automatic closer
- Roof handrail
- Aluminum or custom roof vent
- Cellular antenna supports and provisions
- Painted logo, lettering, and custom graphics
- FAA lighting
- Insulated tank piping
- Stainless Steel piping
- Piping in base of column- bypass lines, altitude valve, service pumps, etc.
- Additional free-span floors
- Metal/Wood studded building in base of column
- Overflow flap valve
- High water elevation/pressure gauge
- Concrete floor inside column
- Instrumentation, control room, & cathodic protection
- Solar powered or other type of mixing system
- Additional security or ornamental lighting
- Specialty trim or customized design